Online Couples Counseling
As of March 20, 2020 online couples counseling is available:
During these unprecedented times, professional counseling can be helpful for couples under stress. The new COVID-19 may turn out to be the ultimate stress test for couples. It will force many to contend with the tensions associated with financial stress and anxiety about the illness, two of the biggest stressors for a relationship. Also, people may have very different styles of coping with uncertainty and loss.
If you know someone who needs help, feel free share this page so they can contact me to consider online counseling. My specialty is working with couples in distress using a problem-solving, future-oriented approach.
To limit in-person contact, I have expanded the use of online couples counseling using tele-health methods as recommended by many organizations.
How online couples counseling works
To make sessions as efficient and effective as possible, you will receive a brief questionnaire before our first online session.
Online couples counseling can help you and your partner:
- Deal with different coping styles to avoid polarization
- Learn tools for engaging in difficult conversations about finances
- Resolve parenting challenges or differences in parenting styles
- Navigate the challenges of having children out of school
- Problem solve around lack of privacy
- Manage cabin fever without increasing conflict or distance
- Brainstorm how to get more mental and physical space
- Focus on tasks
- Deal with anxiety, grief and possible losses
Until we set up a session, here are a few links that might be helpful:
- Tips for Couples in Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Marriage During the Coronavirus
- How Marriage Counseling Works
For questions or to set up a session, please feel free to get in touch at: infocouples [at] gmail [dot] com
As we navigate the new normal, please follow all CDC, state and local guidelines and keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
Founder, Couples Counseling Associates